What Cleanser Should I Use for My Skin Type?
Imagine this – you’re standing in your bathroom, cleansing your skin with the newest, trendiest skincare products. You finish with your cleanser and pat your face dry, you notice your skin feels a little tight, but you think nothing of it because you’re using the most popular products recommended by the skincare gurus of your time!
Did you know that your skin isn’t supposed to feel tight and dry straight after cleansing?
This is a sign that you’ve in fact over cleansed. Rather than you’re cleansing technique being the culprit, you might want to take a look at what you’re using to cleanse and if it’s suitable for your skin type.
Don’t worry, studies show that the majority of people are actually using the wrong cleanser for their skin type. The wrong cleanser, or regimen, can irritate the skin and can lead to inflammation such as acne or psoriasis.
News flash, your skin is a super-sensitive organ that needs the perfect conditions to flourish.
Regardless if you use MINERAL Beauty System formulated products or not, there are tons of products out there. From foaming cleansers that promise to scrub-a-dub-dub your clean to hydrating cleansers that won’t wreck your moisture barrier, how’s a consumer to choose?
Here’s our little cleanser guide:
- Gel Cleansers – Perfect for oily and combination skin: These cleansers are clear and have a gel-like consistency. They offer a deep cleanse and are effective at decongesting clogged pores, removing excess oil, and killing acne-causing bacteria.
- Cream Cleansers – Perfect for dry and sensitive skin: Cream cleansers have a thick, creamy consistency and are more moisturizing than gel cleansers. They gently cleanse your skin without stripping it of its natural oils.
- Foam Cleansers – Perfect for oily and combination skin: Foam cleansers are lightweight cleansers that start out as cream or gel and burst into a rich, foamy lather. This type of cleanser removes excess oil as effectively as gel cleansers.
- Oil Cleansers – Perfect for all/most skin types: An oil cleanser is a gentle cleanser that removes pore-clogging oils, dirt, and makeup without drying your skin.
- Clay Cleansers – Perfect for oily and combination skin: Mineral clay is known to deeply purify the skin by absorbing and drawing out excess oil and toxins from your pores.
- Micellar Cleansers – Perfect for dry and sensitive skin: Micellar water contains tiny oil molecules suspended in soft water that attracts oil, dirt, and makeup.
- Powder Cleansers – Perfect for oily and sensitive skin: Powder cleansers are powdery soft when dry and creamy once in connection with water. This method is more gentle than older generation physical exfoliants.
- Bar Cleansers – Perfect for oily and combination skin: Offering a more environmentally friendly solution to cleansing these nutrient-rich bars are often tough on debris yet highly moisturizing due to their formulation.
As you can see, there are so many different cleansing options and skincare isn’t one-size-fits-all! Take your time to discover what works for you and don’t stress over what’s on-trend at the moment.